Monday, March 16, 2009

I Didn't Think It Would Happen To Me - Another Really Good Reason to Organize Your Life

Last night I was carrying a big laundry basket to the car and stepped off the curb wrong. I just crumpled and ended up with a really twisted, sore, hurting ankle. I've spent today laying on the couch with my foot up and surrounded with ice.

I've wanted to use my laying on the couch time well, so I've sent my kids looking for papers and notebooks I need to get things done while I sit here. Luckily, they've been able to find everything I needed, BUT not always because I could tell them right where it was. They are much more willing to help me when I know where things are and they don't have to look for them.

I never expected to spend today laying on the couch, but isn't life like that? We don't really know what will happen to us, or when it will happen to us, so it's best to be prepared as much as we can. Getting organized is a good way to get prepared!

No comments: