Friday, April 10, 2009

Springs Arrival and Caving In

This week has felt like spring. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the plants are growing, and it feels like my house is caving in on me. In the winter, I like the close, cozy feeling of stuff, but this week of spring has made me want to throw open the windows and throw out the stuff.

So I did. I went through my books (again) and found a bag to give to the DI. I went through my kids winter clothes and got out their spring clothes and found a bag to give to the DI. We cleaned out our toy and game closet (that has had plenty of use this winter). While my kids returned lost pieces to their correct game boxes, I fixed EVERY breaking game box. (We had a bunch of them, and every time I looked in that closet, I felt like everything was falling apart - now it's not so bad). We also cleaned out CD's and tapes, took down George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and cleaned up birthday decorations. I started walking around my house looking for things I could pick up and move. I threw away papers that had floated to the floor and stayed there. I returned a rock collection to its owner, I picked up a pencil that was stuck at a baseboard, and I filed medical papers.

I really want to go through the whole house. On Monday, we are going to tackle my boys room for our Monday project. We're cleaning off dressers, going through drawers, looking under beds, and cleaning out closets. (We're also throwing out candy garbage and hoping to find the missing library book).

I am also working on figuring out how to change our 72 hour kit menu. It's a fairly high priority, because right now they are all sitting in the living room. I don't want to put them away, until they can be packed again. I'll post whatever we decide to do. Until then, off to more spring organization!

No comments: