Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Don't Leave Anyone Out

I think I've been leaving my 5-year-old out. Whenever I have something I'm working on or need help with, I'm quick to call my 11-year-old and my 9-year-old. I also really like to know where my 2-year-old is, but somehow my 5-year-old scrambles through some things.

But this summer has been fairly crazy for me - so much that my hands, my husbands hands, my 11-year-olds hands, my 9-year-olds hands, and my 2-year-olds hands haven't been enough. I've had a few moments when I have NEEDED my 5-year-olds hands.

I have needed them, I've asked for them, and they have come. And they have helped. They have cleaned off a kitchen counter minutes before a party was going to start. They have cut cantaloupe, loaded the shoes in the shoe box, straightened the living room, put away the blocks, helped the 2-year-old get dressed. They have carried things to the car, cleared the table, and built lots of Lego cars. And everything he has done has blessed our family. And it's blessed him. I've seen how much he can do. He's seen how much he can do. And if he didn't already know how to do it, now he knows!

I'm grateful that I remembered to include him. And I hope I always do!

3 comments:

James said...

YOU NEED TO POST SOMETHING NEW

James said...

POST

Unknown said...

*****************************

An inspirational story of vulnerability and overcoming adversity
thanks for having the courage to share

Qualified Life Coach
Best Sober Recovery Blog
How do I stop drinking
Reading List for Sobriety Books

All the best
for the future
Bren

*****************************