Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Organizing My Blog

There is a never ending list of things that can be organized. My past month has been full of a 2,000 mile, 5 day family vacation; an (approximately) 2 week, 20 people family reunion at my house, and everything it takes to get ready for both of those. And the whole time, my blog has sat neglected.

I've thought about it a lot. I've had ideas for posts and even composed them in my mind. I've thought of things I want to change and update and improve. But I haven't done any of it yet. And that's ok. For the past month, it was more important - and I chose - to do other things with my time, effort and energy. And that's exactly what organization is about - choosing the things that are important to you and doing those things. I'm not ready to say my blog is clutter. But at different times of our lives, almost anything can become clutter. We need to clean it out and clear it out forever - or until it's important to us to make room for it again.

So I'm hoping I'm back. I'm going to work on improving my blog. I'm hoping to go back through and label my posts so it's easy to find posts of topics of interest. I'm hoping to post on a more regular basis. And I'm hoping to remember to take pictures! And I'll do it, as long as it's one of the important things in my life.

No comments: